Prospective volunteers are asked to obtain information regarding getting a suitable visa for volunteering in India from the Indian Embassy in your own country (each country varies on its visa rules and regulations).

All foreigners (including foreigners of Indian origin) visiting India for more than 180 days on a Student Visa, Medical Visa, Research Visa and Employment Visa are required to register with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO)/Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) within 14 days of arrival (we will help you register in Jodhpur). Before you leave Jodhpur, it is important to remember to go back to the office and de-register/sign off. If you do not do this, you may not be allowed to leave the country.

It is important that if you would like to combine travelling in India with volunteering at Sambhali Trust you discuss this with the Indian Embassy in your country first. India has very strict regulations about not being able to travel on a Volunteer/Employment Visa for any length of time; however, a volunteer is allowed to take short holidays, but if their visa stipulates that they need to register with the FRO in Jodhpur, then they also need to inform the FRO of holiday plans before they go away and check-in when they return (as well as registering with a police station at their destination).

Due to possible changes in visa regulations or other reasons it is highly recommended to contract a travel cancellation insurance for your flight ticket.