Sambhali No Bad Touch Project
To approach this sensitive issue, we have two main plans of action:
- To hold frequent workshops for local governmental agencies and community leaders to encourage them to take action to prevent child sexual abuse.
- To establish prevention and education programmes around the topic of child sexual abuse. We have three different types of workshops for this purpose:
- The 'Good Touch, Bad Touch' workshop, based on Dr. Bhooshan Shukla’s No Bad Touch conversation (Source: http://nobadtouch.com/) is held by Sambhali Trust in local schools and children’s homes. In a playful but effective way the children are taught how to keep safe from inappropriate touch and that it is important to speak up rather than to suffer in silence.
- The 'Personal Bodyguard' workshop developed by Sambhali Trust is held as a follow up workshop to the 'Good Touch, Bad Touch' workshop. We teach specific life skills to encourage the development of a strong self. This workshop is designed to ensure that any suffering from traumatic experiences is greatly reduced.
- In addition, we hold training programs for parents so they are able to repeat the 'Good Touch, Bad Touch' workshop with the children every six months.
Sambhali Help-Line for Children Suffering from Sexual Abuse
Also in the pipeline, is the establishment of a special phone line within Sambhali offices: the 'Sambhali Help-Line for Children Suffering from Sexual Abuse'. Children can call this phone-line and speak openly and anonymously to a professional, to help relieve some of the isolation and confusion they feel about what is happening to them. Sambhali will use its network and resources to provide help for these children and their families, by connecting them with doctors, psychologists, lawyers, and other professionals, who can offer guidance and work for their justice.
We are currently seeking funding for the No Bad Touch Project and the Help-Line, which will enable us to to continue this important work full time. Please contact us if you are interested in supporting this cause.