Members, Board and Committee
Sambhali Trustees (from left):
Virendra Singh Chouhan, Rashmi Rathore, Badan Kanwar, Muktar Kanwar, Govind Singh Rathore
Sambhali Trust was founded on the 16th January 2007 by Govind Singh Rathore, Virendra Singh Chouhan, Mukta Kanwar, Badan Kanwar and Rashmi Rathore, who became the 5 trustees of the Sambhali Trust “Non Profit”, Charitable Organisation. In June 2016, Mukta Kanwar and Badan Kanwar resigned from the Board of Trustees because of other work and family commitments.
It has taken the whole team a lot of effort, dedication and enthusiasm to develop Sambhali Trust, and build the trust and faith of our partners and supporters. We are very proud of the relationship we have maintained with the local community as well as our international sponsors.
Govind Singh Rathore
Born and raised in Jodhpur, Govind vowed from an early age to dedicate his life to helping protect the most vulnerable women and children in Indian society, after witnessing extreme violence and discrimination towards the women in his own family. Sambhali Trust is his passion, and to support this vision he also runs a tour business 'RAJPUT Cultural adventures in Rajasthan'.
Rashmi has experience working within HR and administration, and is now a nutritionist at 7E Mead Spa.
|Badan Kanwar, Govind’s Mother was the inspiration for setting up the Trust and is the house mother of the project.|
Originally from Neemuch in Madhya Pradesh, Mukta completed her education before getting married to Govind and moving to Jodhpur in 2003. She is now in charge of managing the accommodation arrangements of Sambhali Trusts volunteers and is the managing director of the family-owned guest house, 'Durag Niwas Guest House'.
Virendra Singh Chouhan
Virendra is presently working as the Duty Manager of Hotel Ajit Bhawan, Jodhpur and is a director of 'RAJPUT Cultural adventures in Rajasthan.' He has a diploma in tourism from the Hotel Management Institute, Jodhpur.
- Dr. Reena Bhansali - Psychological Counselor at Smile Junction, Jodhpur, India
- Dr. Sudhi Rajeev - Head of the Department of English, Founder-Director, Centre for Women’s Studies, and Director, Kamala Nehru College for Women and has served as Member of the Syndicate (BOM) of her University
- Adv. Firoz Khan - Rajasthan High Court, Jodhpur, India
- Dr. Shakti Singh Khakhadki
- Dr. Mahendra Singh Tanwar - Writer & Asst. Manager Maharaja Maan Singh Pustak Prakash, Research center, Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpur, India
- Dr. Shiv Singh Rathore - R.P.S.C. Member, Ajmer and Social Activist, Jodhpur, India
- Dr. Gajendra Singh Rashdipura - Rajasthan High Court, Jodhpur, India
- I.P.S. Sandeep Singh Chauhan - Superintendent of Police, Sirohi, Rajasthan, India
- Mag. Ernestine Badegurber - Soziale Initiative, Linz, Austria
- Dr. Sadhvi Shanti Puri - Sambhali Austria, Hilfe für Frauen und Kinder in Indien, Vienna, Austria
- Ms. Renate Massmann-Krei - Freunde für Sambhali (Indien) e. V., Allensbach, Germany
- Mrs. Sarah Harrington - Sambhali UK, United Kingdom
- Mrs. Ramona Saboo - Director of Forty Red Bangles, India/Australia, Singapore
- Mrs. Jacqueline de Chollet - Founder/Director of Global Foundation for Humanity, UK/USA
- Mr. Ralph Lewin - Former president Cantonal Executive of the Canton of Basel,Basel, Switzerland
- Mrs. Silvia Kunz-Domenig - President of Anchula Trust, Switzerland/India